Stephenson’s Lifting Bridge, Frog Island, Leicester, c. 1937 (c) Roger Hutchinson 2009
- To encourage the study and recording of the industrial past of Leicestershire
- To arrange talks, visits, and field days concerned with industrial archaeology and history
- To assist members and others with fieldwork and research
- To publish and disseminate news and research concerned with the industrial history of Leicestershire
- To build a library, increasingly digital, of relevant publications, documentary material, and images
We are a lively and friendly Society with lots of interesting things going on.
Why not join us? No previous experience or knowledge is necessary.
Click here for more information about LIHS and how to join.